Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 1:00 PM
Are you aging without a family member or close friend who could take on the role of your caregiver or health care decision-maker? Do you need to build or rebuild a social network? Concerned about housing or legal planning?
Amazing Place invites you to participate in the dynamic workshop series, Aging Solo, developed by Iona Senior Services an aging services organization that has been serving metropolitan Washington, D.C. since 1975.
Participants will learn from Amazing Place staff and other trusted experts on how to navigate the opportunities and challenges of aging solo through presentations that offer advice, coaching, and guidance on critical decision-making and planning for the future.
Aging Solo, an online four-session workshop series, provides tools, strategies, and support for older adults to age successfully even when they do not have a family member or close friend who could take on the role of caregiver or health care decision-maker tailored to the current situation.
- Elements of a successful aging solo plan
- Growing your social network
- Developing your support system
- Strategies for aging in place (staying where you are)
- Planning a move to another living situation (to your next home)
- Advanced care planning and end-of-life decisions